Sunday, November 8, 2009

Facebook (The Reason Why I'm Posting This So Late)


Hi my name is Matt, and I'm a procrastinator.

If I were to single out the one main reason (besides myself) why I'm posting this late right before the deadline, I'd have to say it's Facebook's fault. Facebook has so many different applications, including Status updates, pictures, videos, wall posts and groups. Now, multiply that number by your 500 friends and that's how many different applications of Facebook you can check.
I've caught myself numerous times doing my homework and then suddenly, I wind up on Facebook commenting on some pictures.
When someone writes on my wall, I feel obligated to write back because if I don't then "no one will ever write on my wall again." Now that my parents are trying to get involved in the Facebook scene, I have to spend extra time explaining to my Mom why it's not OK to post on my wall:

Matthew - Hi it's Mom - don't worry...I won't embarrass you by posting any photos of myself. xo Mom

And to add even more awkwardness and embarrassment, my mom's friend doesn't realize that not all my friends know who she is and that she is kidding when she posts on my relationship status of "In a relationship to Single":

I'm willing to give you another look...now that your single!!!

Facebook now, instead of being a fun distraction that I used for my spare time, has become a permanent obligation to make sure everyone happy with me. Facebook has taken away from all the extra constructive projects I used to do. I'm joining Procrastinators Anonymous because I know I have a problem and I'm looking for a solution to my Facebook addiction.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! Facebook is like a black-hole for getting anything done. A "quick check in" on your profile can turn into hours of wasted time in an instant haha

    ReplyDelete